Sunday 24 March 2013

Week 3 Independent Study

This week,

I worked on the research in order to create the structural components that are missing from the original model in Revit.
I began searching through BCA to find out about the basic Australian construction standards and the type of materials that we can use.

In order to create the detailed model that assembles properly in any kind of program we are using,  it would be beneficial to have the information about the sizes and detailing of each component in the drawing. Also to clarify the structure of the building itself.
I considered it as a starting point.

I looked into some detail drawings, I collected some brochures from construction material companies and drawn some of the detail drawings myself to think through the most suitable component types,
as shown below:

The hand drawings.


These are the drawings that I have made from my hand drawings combined with the information from the charts. The charts are from .................................



 Roof rafters




Timber wall framing 




Below is the section  of the Revit model which does not have any information or detail of the joinery. And beside it is the detail that is required. Also I have included the relevant sizes and notations. 
Footing And Double Storey Section for brick veneer wall. 

The details for the different kind of structures to be considered. Below are the information for them. 
Once we define the the sizes of the brick veneer wall with keeping in mind of other constructions such as double brick wall and timber wall. I expect it should keep the process of the creating the variety clear.


 Variety of the floors slabs for double brick wall 


This is the example of timber wall and engaged piers for the timber floor.

Also I have produced the plumbing diagrams as below. 
Plumbing detail

To create the model of the plumbing details, I have done the research of the connections and the pipework to understand the way the plumbing is located in the wall structure so I can explain the plumbing system to the team members. 


Plumbing parts 








Details of the roof and roof plumbing

I have created the necessary detail drawing for the joinery of the roof in Revit, so that the position and the height of the roof are lined up. 


 Roof rafter detail
Gutter detail



Chart for the size of joists


In addition to brainstorm the process of creating the model in each grouped models, I have created a critical path analysis. The idea here is that, each team members can check through the each component needs to be created, inform everyone else which part we are undertaking when we completed we can cross one bubble out and move on. This would avoid the overlapping our task.





These are to be discussed in the class with the team members tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment